We are delighted that we are still able to open albeit with new rules!
In order to comply with the government guidelines we have to follow a strict new procedure, even just for a pint! We are open (for reservations only, see times below) and to make sure our new system works in keeping you & our staff safe; we will review & relax these as Boris allows.
Please take the time to read them before coming to see us, if we all understand & respect the ‘New Normal’ we can keep the friendly, fun & relaxed atmosphere that we all love The Carps for whilst getting back to the ‘Old Normal’ as soon as possible
- Tables will be limited to 6 people as per the government new law (We can not and will not do multiple table next to each other!)– bookings advisable as space is limited; time limits may apply.
- You will only be able to enter the building through the front door. If there is a queue, floor marking will ensure social distancing. Once inside, there is a one way system, exits will be clearly marked, depending where you are sitting.
- On arrival you will be greeted & seated, even just for a drink, inside or outside. Please do not move tables & chairs, they have been spaced deliberately to allow social distancing.
- Once at your table you will be asked to register, these details are to assist in NHS track & trace, used only for this purpose & destroyed after 21 days. This will need to be done every visit.
- Once registered, we will serve everything you need to your table, even just a drink – sorry, no standing or joining other tables, inside or out. If you need refills, give us a polite nod or a wave, we will come & serve you
- Each area will have designated toilets operating a one a one in, one out system. Some of our loos have become unisex but don’t worry, we have put locks on the outer doors for your privacy
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout.
- When you are ready, we will bring your bill to your table with the card machine & make sure you know which exit to use in line with the one way system.
- Children will be very welcome but please be aware that they will also need to stay seated at the table
- Contactless payment is preferred but cash still accepted
As we have less table space now reservations are highly encouraged to prevent disappointment at the door. Reservation are beeing taken with a maximum table size of 6 people, we can not do multiple table next to each other. So that everyone has the opportunity to come & see us, a maximum of 2 hours per table will be allowed. Please call 01761 490202 to make your reservation or email [email protected]
Thank you for your continued loyalty, we look forward to seeing you soon.